Today, we shall talk about an issue that is really close to our hearts and, of course, our tummies. All of us who have ever been serious about dieting and losing weight have experienced this first hand – the agony of being refused to eat almost everything that we ever loved to munch on. It is so irritating yet necessary if we are to lose those pesky pounds. Worse off, still is perhaps to bear witness to our friends who have the luxury of helping themselves to snacks and treats they live to gorge on while we have to remain focused and strict to our commitment to our diet – all because we want to lose those stubborn kilos. Well guess what people – those days of depriving ourselves of all culinary pleasures are over. That’s right – isn’t it magical – to finally be able to enjoy some snacks that won’t have us go astray to our dietary commitments and be no cause for us regret in the future. Sounds awesome if you ask me; too good to be true even. Well ladies, our wait is over, because today, I shall share with you not one or two but ten whole snacks that we can enjoy without putting on and continuing to be honest to our dietary regime. I am sure most of you are rather excited to know what those god send delicacies would be – well then, let us not waste any more time and space and get right to it. Did somebody order some evening snacks???
10 guilt-free low carb evening snacks coming up:
1. Olive tapenade with low-carb crackers: This is one of the most popular low-carb snacks doing the rounds in recent times. And preparing this dish is an easy business. All you need is some chopped olives, capers, garlic and some olive oil – to prepare this enjoyable evening guilt-free edible. Dive in ye all.
2. Berries with whipped cream: This one is as good to look at as it is pleasing on the taste buds. And best of all, it is by far, one of the easiest recipes out there – takes just a few minutes to prepare, like with a bat of the eyelids. All you need to do is take two spoonfuls of strawberries/blueberries/raspberries and add some whipped cream to it and voila, – your snack is ready.
3. Dark Chocolate with Cashew Butter: This is a perfect low-carb snack. It is one of those neat snacks that not only sounds interesting but also looks really enticing. And it is pretty easy to make. All you need to do is add a tablespoon of cashew butter with dark chocolate and it is ready to be served. It would however bode well to bear in mind to choose something like 70% chocolate variety to prepare the dish.
4. Carrot sticks with peanut butter: Another neat treat for the taste buds is this simple and healthy recipe; carrot sticks with added peanut butter. It is quite healthy and comparatively easy to prepare. All you need to do is cut carrots into sticks and then use the peanut butter as a dip. It is as simple as that. And guess what, you will be surprised how tasty it is.
5. Kale chips: Kale chips are another tasty evening snack that you can indulge in without any risk or regret of gaining weight. You need to put some kale leaves on parchment-lined baking paper, add some drops of olive oil, a pinch of garlic powder and some salt to taste on it and then bake it at 350 degrees inside a microwave for a few minutes and you there you have it – kale chips, ready to be served- low carb and guilt free. Easy peasy.
6. Deviled egg: Low carb, healthy and yummy. Deviled eggs are really good and one of the top contenders for the undisputed low-carb-guilt-free-evening-snacks title. First, you need to hard-boil an egg, then you slice it in along the middle, vertically, and then separate the egg yolk. Next, you add some mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, pepper, and salt to it – you may top it off with some paprika- and then you put the mixture back into the egg. Deviled eggs are served!
7. Cheddar cheese crisps: A quintessential American evening snack, cheddar cheese crisps are pretty popular in the rather lengthy line-up of low carb evening snacks. It is a very easy homemade evening snack. All you need to do is cut the cheddar cheese into thin slices and small square boxes, then you place them on a baking sheet and then you just put them in the microwave oven and bake it at 300 degrees for like 30 minutes or till they are crisp (whichever is earlier). And wala – snack is served.
8. Homemade trail mix: Speaking of celebrity snacks, homemade trail mix ransk as one of the top contenders that has been popularized even via multiple major American soaps and serials. We have all seen our beloved starcast of ‘F.R.I.E.N.D.S’ or ‘The Big Bang Theory’, even ‘Two and a Half Men’ and ‘Will and Grace’ all munching on bowls of homemade trail mix while watching tv or making small talk in the living room sets. And how do you prepare it? Well, you just need to add a cup of pecan nut halves with a cup of chopped walnuts along with half a cup of roasted pumpkin seeds and half a cup of unsweetened coconut slices. Enjoy your trail mix guys and gals.
9. Stuffed avocado: It is a pretty neat low-carb evening snack. You need to start with an avocado sliced in the middle with the pit scooped out. Then you can put the filling of your choice. And you do have plenty of options to choose from, such as tuna salad, chopped shrimp, or scrambled eggs with cheese. And there you have it – avocado with your choice of filling.
10. Cinnamon toasted pumpkin seeds: Although it appears last on our list, it is by no means the least in taste and ease of preparation. It is tasty and healthy at the same time. Combine half a cup of pumpkin seeds with half a teaspoon of cinnamon and two teaspoons of olive oil. Now you spread the seeds on a baking sheet and then you bake it in a microwave oven for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until they turn the hue of golden brown. And you have your cinnamon toasted pumpkin seed delicacy ready for your taste buds. Yummy yum yum!
So dear readers, today we tried to enlist a bunch of low-carb, guilt-free evening snacks that you can indulge in while you are on a diet to lose those pesky pounds along with their recipes, some of which were rather easy to prepare – I mean some can be prepared quite literally in a jiffy.
We hope you all found the article helpful and that it came as a pleasant surprise for you to know that there were so many tasty snacks that you can binge it without any regret or risk of gaining unwanted weight, especially when you are on a diet. Tell us what you think of this article in the comments section below.
As always, stay pretty and healthy – eat wise and eat fresh.
The post 10 Low Carb Evening Snacks That You Can Eat As Much As You Want appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
Read more: makeupandbeauty.com