- 2-3 lbs. fresh organic spinach
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup crushed blanched almonds, cashews or pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seeded and crushed dried red chili pepper (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of unsweetened coconut, lightly toasted.
Place spinach in covered pot, with just enough water to cling to leaves. Cook just until spinach is wilted and tender. Set aside.
Saute minced onion in butter. Stir in coconut milk, nuts, salt and chili pepper. Add to spinach. Reheat and serve in heated bowl. Top with toasted coconut.
This recipe is especially good if you are on a coconut oil diet! If you want to learn more about how to lose weight with coconut oil, check out my website at http://coconut-oil-diet.com.